A good day
Yesterday wasn't such a great day. It was Jeff's first day back at work after more than a week off and I seemed to have a hard time finding things for the kids to do. Also I was discouraged about the lack of space in any preschool classes around here and that our Tucson house isn't seeing much interest in it.
Today is better. I think I found a preschool class! The Best Beginings school has one opening in their pre-k class at their Woodinville campus. This is the preschool that Marty's kids went to and Kerry had good things to say about it. I guess the class has had capacity for 16 but has had only 15 kids all year. There are 2 teachers (1/8 ratio is good) that have been working together for 4 years. We are going to see it tomorrow and unless something seems really odd to me I'll probably go with it. It means Megan will be in school M-Th 11:45-2:45. They eat before they go. Not the same times she had in Tucson but the same number of hours a week in preschool. I think having Megan occupied and hopefully making some new friends will make everything easier for all of us.
This morning we went to Target and I got the girls some computer programs - Reader Rabbit Reading, Mermaid Barbie Adventure, and Dora. Megan played the Barbie game for quite a while today and Erin played Dora with her. We stopped at a new park on the way home from Target. I can't show the park on a map or anything - it is right across the street from Microsoft. I think we are maybe 2 miles from one huge park and a mile from the one on the lake and less than a mile from this one (also there is the one in the apartment complex.) The kids got a little cold and wet but had fun. It hasn't really rained at all today. The first day since we have gotten here!
A little later in the day my van arrived! At first I thought what difference does it really make to have another car but its my van! Once I got the kids in (SO much easier than Jeff's car) and got to driving around I was really happy to be back in my car.
I went off to find where the local Bally's Fitness is. I should be able to change my membership over and this location has a pool (hurray!) but I haven't seen it yet. I forgot to put the map in my car and got a little lost. But the kids fell asleep so I enjoyed just driving. The more I drive the more I get a feel for the area. I found Chateau St. Michelle and the other winery that is across the street (the name escapes me at the moment.) I found my way back to the library (which was my secondary target!) without much confusion. Actually I think I was never really lost, I just didn't find the Bally's! At the library I picked up the four books I had on reserve - Remembering Blue by Connie May Fowler, Outlander, All of Me (A Voluptuous Tale), and The Namesake. And the kids got books too! (My first book group at the library is tomorrow, which I'm excited about.) So loaded down with good books and a few kids movies I found my way to the Starbucks drivethrough before heading home. (I recently read that Starbucks was started by some retired Microsoft folks but now I can't find any web documentation of this.) And now I'm at home writing this and its time for Jeff to be heading home and me to start dinner!

1 Comments:
Here's to a lot more good days!
Post a Comment
<< Home