Star of the Orient - Quilt

Nancy and Star of the Orient

This old and fairly grainy picture of Nancy I still love. I'm guessing its taken in 1993 or 1994. This was the first 'adult' quilt I picked out the design and fabric for. It is a kind of challenging pattern because of 'y' seams. I still really love this quilt. It is queen sized so when Jeff and I got married and bought a king size bed it was relegated to the guest room. We no longer have a guest room. It now lives at my mother-in-laws house and we get to sleep under it when we go to visit her.
I'm feeling like I'm starting to get this all set up pretty well. I'm reading the help pages and learning about putting a blog inside a blog for my book list but I think I'll just keep it simple for right now. I'm thinking of having a quilt day, a book day, and maybe a tech day (not sure I can come up with enough material for that.) and filling in the rest of the days with pictures of the kids mainly.

2 Comments:
EEEK! Look how young I look. Nothing like a 10 year old picture. heh I love that quilt too. It was because of that quilt that I became a serious quilter! Yay for inspirational friends.
HI Jill
What a great idea, hope you can keep it up..Glad to see the picture of Great Grandma and girls. Love Aunt Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home