Friday, January 13, 2006

Wettness - School

The news just reported 26 days of meassurable rain. 33 days has been the all time record!

Megan enjoyed her first week at Best Beginnings. Thursday they went on a field trip to a different campus of the school and got to see a marrionette show. Megan said the show was kind of scarry. Here is a note her teacher sent home this week;
"Pre-K Parents - If this raind doesn't slow down soon, we'll need to think about building an ark! It has rainded for days on end, and because of that, I wanted to let you know that unless it is raining really hard, we are going to attempt to go outside each day. Please remember to send jackets, hats, even boots with your child throughout this rainy season.. The temps outside are mild, so we'll get a little wet but that's about it. I cannot see keeping the children indoors for weeks at a time waiting for dry weather, and they need a chance to run around, be noisy, energetic, and "unrestrained". Thanks for your understanding!"

Megan started soccer today. I'm really a soccer mom! Megan seemed to do great and really enjoyed it. (The field is indoors!) She ran around a lot! She hasn't been able to do that since all the rain. She also made a friend which is a bonus.

We went to Bellevue mall this afternoon. I bought the girls matching Gymboree raincoats and myself a Helly/Henner rain coat in Seattle Seahawks colors. I also got Megan some new clothes as all of her sleeves seem to short on the shirts she has. We also made a stop at Build-a-bear but I was mean and only let the kids get clothes, no new animals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home