Grand Canyon

Jill and the canyon!

This picture was taken in 1999 on the way up from the bottom of the Grand Canyon. I wish I could remember when, maybe May. My Weight Watchers leader invited me to come with her group that goes down every year. My friend Lisa came down with us. We stayed one night at my parents in Flagstaff and the next night on the rim and then hiked down as early as the shuttle runs to the trail head. We hiked down South Kibab Trail, spent the night at Phantom Ranch (in a 2 bunk cabin) and hiked out the Bright Angel Trail.
I'd really like to do this hike again but it can be tough to get reservations and I would have to figure out about Jeff and the kids. Maybe if I had someone to go with and we could plan ahead I'd get more motivated (hint hint...)

3 Comments:
No way you'll get me to sign up for doing the Grand Canyon ;) I'll watch from the top though!
Hehe Sign me up!
You can try some of the less popular areas of the Grand Canyon, that's what Chris and I did!
Post a Comment
<< Home